2018 WMU Fiber Recycling Course
Cost—Registration is Closed.
$1200 Early Bird Registration
Received on or before July 7
Received after July 7
Who should attend?
This course is designed for the newcomer to the paper recycling industry, as well as those with experience who wish to broaden and update their knowledge and understanding of the basics of recycled fiber collection, processing, use, and market drivers. This is a 2.5-day course held in beautiful Kalamazoo Michigan, on WMU's Engineering Campus.
Individuals taking this course should leave with the following understanding:
- Recycled Fiber market trends and outlook — local and global
- Fiber recovery and properties/usage by grade
- Unit operations for contaminant removal and recycled stock preparation
- An in-depth look at WMU's repulpability and recyclability protocols
- Stickies characterization and elimination strategies
- Waste paper collection (MRF) trends and equipment
- Sustainability — Who/what is driving? What is the goal?
- Packaging and brand owner's roundtable
- Recyclable barrier coatings outlook
- Latest technology in recycled fiber chemistry
Networking opportunities include dinner and tour at Arcadia Brewery in Kalamazoo, a short walk from the Radisson Plaza Hotel (SOLD OUT) the recommended hotel for this course.
Lodging and Transportation
- Rooms available at:
- The Comfort Inn
(closer to downtown), 739 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Staybridge Suites (closer to the WMU campus), 2001 Seneca Ln, Kalamazoo, MI 49008
- Radisson Plaza Hotel (SOLD OUT) Free hotel shuttle available from the Kalamazoo Airport (AZO) to the Radisson Plaza Hotel
- The Comfort Inn
- Free WMU shuttle service available from the Radisson, Comfort Inn, and Staybridge Suites to WMU’s campus for the course each day as well as to and from the off-site dinner
Western Michigan University,
a leader in the field of paper coating research and applications as well as a leading provider of undergraduate and graduate engineers and scientists, is offering its fiber recycling course. WMU has certified hundreds of products as repulpable and recyclable using industry agreed-upon protocols. This course is an exciting, new offering from WMU that will bring together many industry and technology leaders as guest speakers to seriously upgrade your fiber recycling knowledge.